The 10th ICFP Programming Contest: Faq
July 20 - 23, 2007
- If I use more than one language, and I win, what language
will receive the declaration?
- The winners may choose what language they wish to honor.
- Isn't the description of compose wrong? It looks like the
RGB values of the resulting pixel can overflow? For example,
what if r0 = 255, r1 = 255, and a0 = 0?
- No, such values cannot occur due to premultiplication. If
a0=0, then r0 will always be 0 as well. This is due to the
definition of currentPixel in Figure 20, where r_c is multiplied
by a_c (which is 0).
- Is the second example in Figure 21 (line 226) wrong?
- No, b is defined to be black, not blue, on line 223.
- During matchreplace, what is the cost for asnat?
- The function asnat is cost-free. You may assume that every
operation for which no cost is specified is cost-free.
- Can we register multiple teams to test our prefixes?
- Individuals may only be member of a single team and teams
may not divide or collaborate with each other once the contest
has begun. We may disqualify teams that use multiple registrations
- Could we get an execution trace of Endo's DNA?
- We have prepared an execution trace of the first 10